Chicken Pot Pie
Ingredients: Chicken soup
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of butter (or your favorite fat)
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup celery, finely chopped
½ cup baby carrots, finely chopped
4 cups of chicken broth
3 chicken breast
4 oz of cream cheese
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon glucomannan powder, or psyllium husk (thickener-optional)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
Ingredients: Pie crust
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 1/2 cups almond flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
2-3 drops of sweetener, Lakanto Monk fruit liquid sweetener (optional)
- Saute finely chopped onion in butter until translucent and soft. Add salt and finely chopped garlic cloves, until fragrant.
- Add celery and carrots. Saute until carrots get a little color.
- Add cream cheese and mix to combine.
- And chicken broth and chicken breasts.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the pot, set aside, and cut in small pieces.
- Thicken up to desired thickness with psyllium husk or glucomannan. Add chicken pieces back to the pot, divided into 4 oven safe bowls.
- Cover with the prepared pie crust, see recipe below.
- Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until crust lightly browned.
- In a food processor, mix mozzarella and almond flour until well combined and the same size.
- Add salt, baking soda, two eggs and sweetner (if using) until it comes together in a ball.
- Divided in 4 -6 balls. (depending on how many soup bowls you make).
- Flatten each of them between two pieces of parchment paper.
Note: You can adjust this recipe to 6 by adding 2 more cups of chicken broth and adjusting the thickness. The Pie crust you don’t use, can be flattened down, sprinkled with desired seasonings (all bagels, Yum!) and baked for 10-12 min at 400 to make Keto chips. Why not!