This recipe was so easy to make and was pretty delicious. I used the leftover lentils in my egg breakfast the next morning!
Makes enough for 2-4 large tortillas.
- 1 cup onions
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup lentils, dry
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp raisins, black currants, or dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup mild to hot salsa
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Shredded spinach
- Chopped tomatoes
- Shredded cheese if you want
1. In a large frying pan, saute onions, celery, and garlic over medium heat in the olive oil for 5-6 minutes.
2. Stir in the lentils, chili powder, cumin, oregano. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the broth and raisins, currants, or cranberries. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Remove the lid and cook, stirring often, until the lentils are thickened about 10 minutes. Stir in the salsa.
4. Spoon the lentil mixture into warmed, softened tortillas. Top with spinach, tomatoes, onions, additional salsa, and cheese.
Calories per Serving: 343/ Fat 6.9g/ Carb 62g/Protein 12.2g
(This was calculated without cheese, spinach, or additional tomatoes)